db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.0 and API changes in Platform
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:49:13 GMT
Hi Jakob,

Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i found a problem in BrokerHelper#getCountQuery(). the handling of
> distinct queries is not correct. i think i have a solution for this
> problem but it would require changes in platform :( a new method to
> concatenate strings needs to be added.
>
> i do not like to change the api in a release-candidate, but i think
> changing platform has not a big impact.

  +1 for changing platform interface, because the platform classes
aren't really pluggable, so there shouldn't be users with own
implementations.

> afaik the release 1.0 is not yet out. is there a release-date available
> ?

There are 3 failures in odmg-api tests. If these failures be fixed we
can label a 1.0 final (in my opinion).

> do we use the current 1.0 branch for the release or will there be
> another branch ?

I propose to make a new 1.0_final branch.

> i'm not sure if i have to make these changes to trunk and branch ?

I must admit that I made my last changes only to trunk.

regards,
Armin