db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: torqueschema bug? (actually commons-sql bug?)
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:28:53 GMT
Gus Heck wrote:
>>> I believe that the commons SQL had hoped to become part of db.apache
>>> at some point. Being none to active, commons-sql might need to have
>>> some additional help from people here (like whomever takes care of
>>> the DB compat stuff here could help do it there) to make sure it
>>> keeps up with peoples needs. Best of my knowledge is that the only
>>> one working on commons-sql right now is Matt Hawthorne. Certainly he
>>> is the only one I have seen do any commits in the last 2 months,
>>> though it is possible that my filter missed something.
>>>

>> If that is the case, perhaps Matt Hawthorne could be persuaded to join
>> forces with the Torque guys ?

I would absolutely be willing to support any patches or additions which
would help commons-sql to support specific databases.  I can't say that
I have the time to become seriously involved with Torque -- but anything
to help out other db.apache projects sounds good to me.

I'm using commons-sql to create a schema and fill it with data for a
project that I'm working on -- so my interest in the project lies pretty
much in that domain.

A few days ago, I finally got around to starting the proposal to move
commons-sql to the db-commons.  I will hopefully have it ready soon and
will start recruiting some developers to put on the proposal along with
myself.

Any problems, submit them to bugzilla and I will help out as much as I can.