db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Progress on MetaDataManager bug?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:02:26 GMT
Hi Gus,

Gus Heck wrote:

> I didn't actually get an NPE. It was Andy who suggested the possibility
> of an NPE. The problem on my end was that the null or whatever was
> interpreted as nobody@draco.research.olin.edu with no password... when
> of course I need a specific password and user.
>
> The code that causes this looks like this...
>
>        JdbcConnectionDescriptor descriptor = cRepos.getDescriptor(new
> PBKey("myCon"));
>        //descriptor.setUserName("foo");
>        //descriptor.setPassWord("bar");
>              Connection existing;
>        try {
>            existing = cf.lookupConnection(descriptor);
>        } catch (LookupException le) {
>            throw new RuntimeException("Failed looking up connection from
> descriptor.");
>        }

think I don't understand your problem :-(
Where in OJB is this code used, or why do you need this code?

Why you don't use
JdbcConnectionDescriptor descriptor = cRepos.getDescriptor(new
new PBKey("myCon", "foo", "bar"));
Should work if a jdbc-connection-descriptor is defined with "myCon"
jcdAlias (without user/password).

Or do you setup a JdbcConnectionDescriptor from scratch?

 >>> I'm curious if there has been any progress on this bug: It is
 >>> currently forcing me to put passwords in my code which I don't really
 >>> like to do.

Does this mean that user/password defined in jdbc-connection-descriptor
was ignored?

Sorry, I'm confused.

regards,
Armin