db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject RE: Proposal to support ESCAPE for Like-Criteria
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:30:11 GMT
Larry Streepy dijo:
> Certainly, the Platform interface would have to be extended, and I know
> that's a pain.  But, it is the most "correct" solution.

+1

OJB also abstract the DB Engine. I guess, because currently we don't need
to care about the specific SQL syntax of the DB Engine we use. Also I
believe we can "magically" switch from one database to another just by
changing the <jdbc-connection-descriptor>. If OJB will allow some specific
DB Engine dependencies, then we will lose this nice feature of OJB.

I think the best we can do is to extend the specific MS Acces classes to
"convert" as requiered to follow the current OJB approach.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo