db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: JDO, was 1.0 final release
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:29:47 GMT
My proposal is to review both 4:

http://jpox.sourceforge.net/
http://xorm.sourceforge.net/
http://speedo.objectweb.org/
http://tjdo.sourceforge.net/

Bases for selection:

1-Compatible AS License.
2-level of implementation,
3-Quality of code.
4-others....

The choosed one MUST have an ASL 2.0 compatible license. To me the best
will be if we can send a formal invitation to project commiters to join
ASF and start a incubation of these project under the ASF umbrella or
(maybe) directly inside the OJB project.

Why? From current experiences in Cocoon (related to jisp - changed in
version 3.0 to GPL):

And others similars experiences, I have concerns of using third party
projects because they can change the licenses at any time and if the JDO
implementation will be a very important piece of OJB, then we cannot risk
this at all.

Long time ago I proposed too TJDO, but Thomas have some concerns about it.
Not sure if this is still valid.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo