db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Clute, Andrew" <Andrew.Cl...@osn.state.oh.us>
Subject RE: Someone shed some light on using LocalTxManager versus JTATxManager?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:08:04 GMT
Ok, I got the latest, and I think I understand what you are saying.

However, the new documentation has one confusing point, that I am hoping
you can clear up. It says for step 6 about the new PB:

"If only the PB-api was used in managed environment, it's recommended to
use a special PersistenceBrokerFactory class..."

Is this saying that if you are only using the PB-api, and no other API,
then inside of a managed environment, this new PB will work. Or is it
also saying that if you use this new PB and are using the PB-api, you
can *only* use it in a managed environment, and it will not work if you
have some other cases where a non-mangaged environement is used (say for
local testing)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Clute, Andrew [mailto:Andrew.Clute@osn.state.oh.us]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:53 AM
To: OJB Developers List
Subject: RE: Someone shed some light on using LocalTxManager versus
JTATxManager?

Thanks for the help!

I am reading this right, that if I continue to use my current version
(RC4), then using the PB-api will not work because it cannot participate
inside the JTA-tx? I will *have* to update to latest to be able to get
this work?

And when you say deployment doc, you just mean the documentation on how
to do deployment's right?

-Andrew