db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mahler" <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: Release 1.0 and API changes in Platform
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:24:22 GMT
Hi all,

"OJB Developers List" <ojb-dev@db.apache.org> schrieb am 09.02.04 20:49:19:

> Hi Jakob,
>
> Jakob Braeuchi wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > i found a problem in BrokerHelper#getCountQuery(). the handling of
> > distinct queries is not correct. i think i have a solution for this
> > problem but it would require changes in platform :( a new method to
> > concatenate strings needs to be added.
> >
> > i do not like to change the api in a release-candidate, but i think
> > changing platform has not a big impact.
> >
> +1 for changing platform interface, because the platform classes
> aren't really pluggable, so there shouldn't be users with own
> implementations.

+1, the Platform Interface is clearly on the SPI side. But we should at least note it in the
release notes...

> > afaik the release 1.0 is not yet out. is there a release-date available
> > ?
>
> There are 3 failures in odmg-api tests. If these failures be fixed we
> can label a 1.0 final (in my opinion).

+1. I'm also for getting 1.0 out asap

> > do we use the current 1.0 branch for the release or will there be
> > another branch ?
>
> I propose to make a new 1.0_final branch.

+1. Armin and I already had some discussions about this. Being a branching newbie I did some
things wrong. So the best thing will be to start up with a new branch.
As there are currently no 1.1 releated cheins, this is IMO no problem.

> > i'm not sure if i have to make these changes to trunk and branch ?
> >

> I must admit that I made my last changes only to trunk.

I think all relevant work is currently going to the trunk....

IMO the best time to create the 1.0 final branch will immediately before the final release.

If there is someone who urgently wants to do 1.x work please let me know. I'll create the
new branch immediately then. But as the first branch got messed up surprisingly fast, I'm
really voting for branchings as late as possible...

cu,
Thomas