db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Mogley" <mmog...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: getObjectByIdentity fails after cvs update
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:04:44 GMT
Hi Jakob,

Well, this one doesn't. :)

Hard to see how descriptor repository could be null since right before I
access the individual entity (when I get the error), I am successfully able
to retrieve the collection of entities and display them.

Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jakob Braeuchi" <jbraeuchi@gmx.ch>
To: "OJB Developers List" <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 1:53 AM
Subject: Re: getObjectByIdentity fails after cvs update

> hi michael,
>
> there are many calls to getObjectByIdentity and they all work.
> PbImpl#getClassDescriptor is quit simple but descriptorRepository could be
null

> ..
> public ClassDescriptor getClassDescriptor(Class clazz) throws
> PersistenceBrokerException
>      {
>          return descriptorRepository.getDescriptorFor(clazz);
>      }
> ..
>

> jakob
>
> Michael Mogley wrote:
>
> > Hi Dev Guys,
> >
> > I just cvs-updated the last few weeks worth of changes and now get this
error from my web-app when looking up an object by identity:

> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getClassDescriptor(Persiste
nceBrokerImpl.java:1602)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.CacheDistributor.searchInClassDescriptor(CacheDi
stributor.java:276)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.CacheDistributor.getCache(CacheDistributor.java:
198)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.AbstractMetaCache.lookup(AbstractMetaCache.java:
117)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.InternalCache.lookup(InternalCache.java:80)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.doGetObjectByIdentity(Persi
stenceBrokerImpl.java:1229)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByIdentity(Persist
enceBrokerImpl.java:1212)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByIdentity(D
elegatingPersistenceBroker.java:296)
> >         at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByIdentity(D
elegatingPersistenceBroker.java:296)

> > I have tried with various cache implementations including
ObjectCacheEmptyImpl.

> > Could this be due to some recent OJB code changes?  Do I need to add
something new to my class descriptors?