db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject RE: Error in repository.dtd ?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:02:07 GMT
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Ron Gallagher wrote:

> Thomas --
>
> The ? quantifier indicates that 0 or more elements can exist.  By wrapping
> the runtime-argument and constant-argument elements in parenthesis, we're
> essentially saying "either a runtime-argument or constant-argument can occur
> 0 or more times".  So the dtd would allow this:

Well not really as the '?' says 0 or 1 times, whereas a '*' says 0 or more
times (see XML spec at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-element-content).

> <documentation></documentation>
> <documentation></documentation>
> <constant-argument .../>
> <runtime-argument .../>
> <runtime-argument .../>
> <constant-argument .../>
> <runtime-argument .../>
> <constant-argument .../>
> <attribute .../>
> <attribute .../>

This construct then wouldn't work with the current dtd (and there does not
seem to be a unit test for it or xml validation is turned off in the xml
parser).

Tom