db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: torqueschema bug?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:08:38 GMT
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Gus Heck wrote:

> Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...
>
> I had an interesting experience with torque recently... I had a field
> that was a nonpersistant class, and torqueshcema decided that it should
> be stored as type "LONGVARBINARY". This caused problems, as when my code
> tried to push that into MySQL 4 it choked probably because (according to
> my MySQL book) MySQL expects it to be "LONG VARBINARY" (note the space)
> or "MEDIUMBLOB".

In the torque schema, LONGVARBINARY is correct (see dtd at
http://db.apache.org/torque/generator/database.dtd.txt). The XDoclet OJB
module uses it when it encounters an not-persistent datatype without a
predefined mapping.
As for mysql, I'm not sure whether LONG VARBINARY would be correct
either. The manual defines neither but mentions that myODBC defines
LONGVARBINARY for BLOBs (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/BLOB.html) which
might also affect the jdbc driver.

So this might be a bug in torque, or a problem with your MySQL version
(or jdbc-driver which probably does the mapping) ?
If you're unsure, you could create a simple table with a LONGVARBINARY
column using with the 'sql' ant task and your jdbc driver and settings.

Tom