db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: Update to HSQLDB 1.7.2 RC1 for 1.0 final ?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:10:29 GMT
I did a quick test with torque 3.1 and hsqldb 1.7.2rc1, and it seems that
using torque 3.1 would (at least) require some changes to the data xml
file used by the tests (not much surprising), and to the dtd-entries in
the schemas (database_3_0_1 -> database_3_1). Since this will also involve
testing the unit tests with all databases that we (officially ?) support,
this is probably not something for the 1.0 final release.
Since I think that the update to hsqldb 1.7.2 and Torque 3.1 is important,
could we then agree to the following ? :

* Add paragraphs to the known issues section of the 1.0 final for both
hsqldb and torque (see below), and use the old versions for the 1.0 final.
* In the dev and for the 1.0.1 we update to Hsqldb 1.7.2 and Torque
3.1. We can also ask the Hsqldb folks when a final 1.7.2 can be expected.
* Add a unit test that uses a BIGINT column as primarykey.
* Change the test data handling to make it less dependent of the Torque
version used (this is easier since Torque 3.1).

As for the known issues I would put in something like:

* OJB 1.0 uses Hsqldb 1.7.1. It might run with newer versions, but the
unit tests of OJB won't work with Hsqldb 1.7.2RC1 (other versions newer
than 1.7.1 not tested).
* OJB 1.0 uses Torque version 3.0.2 for the unit tests. Newer versions
won't work, though they are likely to work with the schemas generated by
the XDoclet OJB module (use the dtdUrl attribute of the torque schema
subtask for specifying the new DTD Url).

Tom