db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Re: Update to HSQLDB 1.7.2 RC1 for 1.0 final ?
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 10:31:51 GMT
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> The HSQLDB 1.7.2RC1 is not a final version.
> I think it is not a good idea to include a devel version in OJB 1.0

Normally I'd agree with you, but if you look at the dev cycle of Hsqldb,
then you'll notice that this is the first stable version of Hsqldb in over
a year (after 20 or more intermediate versions) - the version with OJB is
1.7.1  dated 21. Oct 2002. So this is as stable as you can get in the near
future. Also it fixes some - I think - serious bugs which is why I'd
rather use this new version.

Tom