db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Update to HSQLDB 1.7.2 RC1 for 1.0 final ?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:42:59 GMT
Hi,

today I tested some things with Hsqldb (instead of my usual MySql), and
found some problems with the version that is part of OJB:

The syntax

CREATE TABLE SOMETABLE ( ID integer IDENTITY, ATTR VARCHAR(32), PRIMARY
KEY(ID))

does not work (btw. this is the form that Torque and therefore the XDoclet
OJB module generates) because the old Hsqldb version assumes that two
primary keys are being generated via IDENTITY and PRIMARY KEY (though it
is the same field). This is an old bug that I submitted some months ago
to the Hsqldb team, and that is fixed in the new Hsqldb version.

The second thing is that it is not possible to use long/Long fields (that
map to BIGINT) as primarykeys with the old Hsqldb version. See the
changelog at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/hsqldb/hsqldb-dev/doc/changelog_1_7_2.txt
for details.

So basically I hereby vote for updating to the 1.7.2RC1 version of Hsqldb
which is a release officially advertised on the Hsqldb site, prior to
releasing the OJB 1.0 final. This hopefully amounts to only rerunning the
tests; I'll try that today and post any results later on.

Tom