db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus.h...@olin.edu>
Subject torqueschema bug?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:35:51 GMT
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

I had an interesting experience with torque recently... I had a field
that was a nonpersistant class, and torqueshcema decided that it should
be stored as type "LONGVARBINARY". This caused problems, as when my code
tried to push that into MySQL 4 it choked probably because (according to
my MySQL book) MySQL expects it to be "LONG VARBINARY" (note the space)
or "MEDIUMBLOB".

Attempting to store a non-persistant class was itself a mistake, but the
DDL generated still appears to be syntactically incorrect and I suspect
will cause problems in other implementations that do legitamately map
something to LONG VARBINARY.

-Gus