db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <martin.ka...@curalia.se>
Subject Re: What to do with old OJB Issues ?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:16:04 GMT
Mahler Thomas wrote:

>>I could have a look at some of the most obvious obsoleted
>>Oracle issues
>>in Scarab.
>
> That would be great!

Happy to wrap up the Oracle stuff for 1.0 release!

> closing them in Scarab is fine!
> If something was repaired by a bugfix the status should be "fixed".
> If the issue has become obsolete (non-reproducable) the status should be set
> to "invalid"

OK; I've now gone through all open issues with "oracle" in the
description and tested/closed all but these:
OJB73 - not really Oracle specific but more a MySQL issue?
OJB170 - attached a patch that resolves the issue if applied
OJB234 - attached a patch to fix criteria.addLike(String) for Oracle
DATE, but still discussing with Mr. first class if this is what he meant
in the report (the patch is an improvement, but might require more code?).

In the comments for OJB170 I wrote that it's not really feasible to
solve all issues with Oracle thin in the old platform impl. (Better to
base it on Matthew Baird's work in the new 9iImpl, IMO). With the patch
to check if using thin, the old platform will throw an exception when
binding unsafe values and also hint in the exception description that
using the new platform impl might resolv the issue.

I have picked up the BLOB-patches from Erik Forkalsrud and contacted
Matthew Baird to discuss the PlatformOracle9iImpl. Hopefully the joint
effort will result in a 9i implementation that resolves the 2k and 4k
limits with Oracle thin once and for all. :-)

Latest by the end of this week the reworked 9iImpl should be ready.

Cheers,
  Martin

--
Martin Kalén