db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <martin.ka...@curalia.se>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/metadata RepositoryXmlHandler.java
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:59:15 GMT
Martin Kalén wrote:

> The repository.dtd documentation of proxy-prefetching-limit says:
>
> "If the proxy-prefetching-limit attribute (used with the proxy
> attribute) is set to the value > 0, the collections of objects of this
> class are materialized by groups of the specified size, say when user
> tries to access the first object of the collection, next
> proxy-prefetching-limit objects are loaded by one database query.
>
> Yet, RepositoryXmlHandler sets defProxyPrefetchingLimit to 50 if it is
> not specified in the "repository.xml"-file.
>

> I suggest that the documentation is updated to state that this feature
> is enabled by default, and that the default limit is 50 objects. (Since
> this is quite high and reduces the benefit of proxies for "db-heavy"
> objects.)

I see now that xdocs/repository.xml contains exactly what I asked for. :-)

Hmm... rephrase: I suggest that xdocs/repository.xml and
src/test/org/apache/ojb/repository.dtd contains the same documentation
(and that this is the one mentioning proxy-prefetching-limit default of 50).

Cheers,
  Martin

--
Martin Kalén