db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <martin.ka...@curalia.se>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/metadata RepositoryXmlHandler.java
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:44:56 GMT
olegnitz@apache.org wrote:
>                            if (isDebug) logger.debug("     " + tags.getTagById(PROXY_PREFETCHING_LIMIT)
+ ": " + proxyPrefetchingLimit);
>                            if (proxyPrefetchingLimit == null)
>    			{
>   -                            m_CurrentCLD.setProxyPrefetchingLimit(defProxyPrefetchingLimit);
>   +                            m_CurrentORD.setProxyPrefetchingLimit(defProxyPrefetchingLimit);

The repository.dtd documentation of proxy-prefetching-limit says:

"If the proxy-prefetching-limit attribute (used with the proxy
attribute) is set to the value > 0, the collections of objects of this
class are materialized by groups of the specified size, say when user
tries to access the first object of the collection, next
proxy-prefetching-limit objects are loaded by one database query.

Yet, RepositoryXmlHandler sets defProxyPrefetchingLimit to 50 if it is
not specified in the "repository.xml"-file.

I suggest that the documentation is updated to state that this feature
is enabled by default, and that the default limit is 50 objects. (Since
this is quite high and reduces the benefit of proxies for "db-heavy"
objects.)

Regards,
  Martin

--