db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject ODMG distributed LockManagement
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:07:38 GMT
hi all,

I've just checked in my solution for the buggy PersistentLockMapImpl.
It's called RemoteLockMapImpl.
Now all Odmg clients that use this map store their lock in a LockServer
implemented as a servlet. This servlet is the singleton entry point for
all lock requests.
Everything is configured through OJB.properties. There is also some
short explanation there. But I'll check in some more documentation later.

There is a new ant target lockservlet-war that assembles the ready to
deploy war file. It has been tested with Tomcat 4.1.27 and all Junit
tests pass.

Implementing this beast was quite a bulk of work, but I'm happy that we
can ship 1.0 without a known major issue!

have a nice weekend,
Thomas