db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: Antlr 2.7.2 a bit fat file.
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:00:41 GMT
Hi ANtonio,

There were time when OJB fit on one 1,4 MB diskette! In those times I
was very strict with adding large jar files.
But these times are gone. Our src distro is more than 7 MB.

I agree that the antlr package is a bit fatty. But it's the official
version... And it's now much easier to use: only one jar file and not
three for different purposes!

I think it's not a good idea to start deleting things from external jars
that we don't need.
There is a lot of stuff in the j2ee.jar that is not needed for our
purpose....

So I recommend to simply keep the jar untouched.

cu,
Thomas