db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: Update to Antlr 2.7.2 + Unicode
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:24:35 GMT
Hi again Tom,

Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Thomas Mahler wrote:
>

>>Hi again Tom,
>>
>>Today made a fresh checkout including your patch to oql.g and the Lexer.
>>I still get 1 Failure and two error. (see in attachment).
>>No OQL related problems as far as I can see.
>>
>>Maybe you still have the old ANTLR jars on your classpath? For ANTLR
>>1.7.1 we needed 3 jars:
>>antlr.jar: the runtime stuff
>>antlr-compiletime.jar: needed to compile the parser
>>antlr-debug.jar: needed for the eclipse IDE for some strange reasons.
>

> No, antlr is not on the classpath (I only use antlr via ant)

Mhh, Maybe that's the explanation? antlr-1.7.2 must in the ojb lib
directory as it contains stuff needed at runtime by the generated parser!

> and
> the replace took good care of the old antlr jars ... However, I just did a
> quick test here on my work computer (which is basically used for C++
> development

C++? that sounds even more as serious fun as simple mounting of IKEA
furniture ;-)

> hence not really setup'd for serious java development), and I
> got only 1 failure in the odmg tests, no errors (testStoreUpdate still
> fails). Can it be that the tests are somehow dependent on the environment
> ?
I don't know of any dependencies...
> Or were there updates to the src (that passed my notice) which fixed the
> two errors ?

No, I simply replace the old three jars by the new one.

Does somebody else have similar problems with the new parser?

Thomas