db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Larry V. Streepy, Jr." <stre...@healthlanguage.com>
Subject issues with 1.0 RC5
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:32:13 GMT
I am posting to both the USER and the DEV mailing lists because I have
searched for answers on both archives and the topics are mentioned (but
not resolved) on both lists.

I am using W2K, MySQL 4.0 and OJB 1.0 RC5.  I performed a clean source
install and build using the documented procedures and I've come across
several problems that appear to be errors in the build process.

1. The parameter @DATABASE_DEFAULT@ in two of the xml files
(ojbcore-schema.xml and ojbtest-schema.xml) is never replaced with an
appropriate value during the build process.  These files are not copied
(with filtering) prior to their use within the ANT target (in
build-torque.xml) that processes them.  By manually replacing this
parameter with the name of the database ("ojb" in this case) the unit
tests could proceed.

2. The jdbc URL configured in the mysql profile is incorrect for initial
database creation.  It includes the "ojb" database name in the URL and
causes a failure during the connection when trying to initially create
the database.  It appears that the profile would need to construct a
different URL for creation than for data load.  I was able to work
around this error by creating an empty database named "ojb" but this is
obviously not a good solution for the automated build :-)

3. Once I got past these issues, the junit tests actually ran, but
several tests failed.  If someone is responsible for the mysql testing,
I'd be happy to send you the junit test output file.

I just wanted to get this items summarized on this list prior to the
final 1.0 release.  Please let me know if any additional information is
needed and I'll be happy to follow up.

Thanks.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.