db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: 1.0 release date
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:34:49 GMT
hi thomas,

first of all: i wish you a :) 2004.

i did some tests with sapdb. there's one testcase that is not supported
by sapdb (QueryTest#testSubQuery4).

sapdb needs the syntax COLUMN OPERATOR SUBQUERY as in the folloing
sample form their website:

SELECT name, city FROM hotel X, room
WHERE X.hno = room.hno AND room.roomtype = 'SINGLE'
	AND room.price < (SELECT AVG(room.price) FROM hotel, room
		WHERE hotel.hno = room.hno AND hotel.city = X.city
		AND room.roomtype = 'SINGLE' )

this case is covered by QueryTest#testSubQuery3 and works as expected.

the slightly different syntax SUBQUERY OPERATOR COLUMN

SELECT name, city FROM hotel X, room
WHERE X.hno = room.hno AND room.roomtype = 'SINGLE'
	AND (SELECT AVG(room.price) FROM hotel, room
		WHERE hotel.hno = room.hno AND hotel.city = X.city
		AND room.roomtype = 'SINGLE' ) > room.price

results in an sql-error -7056 subquery not allowed.

jakob