db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject RE: [CVS] how to merge fixes between main trunk and rc5 branch?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:16:08 GMT
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 oliver.matz@ppi.de wrote:

> Hello,

* Until 1.0 final is released

    - Any bugs/new features are maintained in HEAD and the branch

* After 1.0 final is released

    - New features and fixes for HEAD bugs are integrated into HEAD
      and - if bugs and pertaining to 1.0 too - backported to the branch
    - Bug fixes for 1.0 are integrated into the branch and - if still
      applicable - into HEAD

If so, then I don't quite see a reason why the maintenance branch is
created before the 1.0 release ? In all other respects this would be
similar to the Linux kernel model afaik.

Tom