db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>
Subject Things noted in JdbcTypesHelper (unrelated to: OJB does not respect the jdbc-type declared in the repository)
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:50:30 GMT
As I changed the jdbc type mapping used in the XDoclet module so that is
in accordance with the OJB type mapping, I noticed two things in the
JdbcTypesHelper class:

* It uses a hashmap to map from java.sql.Types to JdbcType, but it uses
long if-else statements for mapping from the jdbc name or java class
name. Wouldn't it be useful to also have maps for these uses ?

* There are no if-else branches for java.sql.Array/Blob/Clob in
getJdbcTypeByReflection. I'm no expert on jdbc, so I can't tell whether
these types might actually be used in an application, though I suspect
they are.

Tom