db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: [CVS] how to merge fixes between main trunk and rc5 branch?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:05:27 GMT
Hello,

I disagree.  Fixes should be done in the oldest supported
version and than merged into the newer ones.
Otherwise you might unintentionally merge new source code
in the maintenance branch.

I our case that means: if there is a bug in 1.0.x and
in the trunc, decide whether a fix in the 1.0.x branch
is desired.  If so, fix it in that branch and than merge
it into the trunc.  Otherwise, document it in the 1.0.x
branch as "won't fix" and fix it in the trunc.

> > I want to know what's the best procedure for check-in fixes
> > between main trunk and rc5 branch?
> >
> > Should I check-in in main trunk and we merge files with rc5 branch
> > before 1.0 or contrary? Or should I check-in both?

Olli
--
  Oliver Matz
  ppi Media GmbH

Explore your printnet!

DRUPA 2004
D├╝sseldorf, Germany, 6 - 19 May 2004, Booth 6E62