db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject 1.0 release date
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:32:36 GMT
hi all,

I hope you all enjoyed your christmas holidays!

As the proposed 1.0 release date comes closer I'd like to discuss some
issues.

In an offline email thread Armin and I agreed that that there are still
some important things to do before we should finalize the 1.0 release.

As all those things need time we both think that it would be better to
shift the release from Dec. 28th to Jan. 4th.

Are there any strong reason why we should stick to the 28th? As far as I
know this date was not announced to a wider audience, so there should be
no bad press for this?

Here are some open tasks. I'd prefer to share this work among developers
to reduce the release workload.

- Checking Junit test against all Major database platforms (hsql, mysql,
postgresql, oracle, sapdb, mssql, db2)
Assigned to: thma (HSQL and MYSQL).

- Checking Junit test against different combinations of OJB.properties
settings (e.g. ObjectCache, ConnectionFactory, Pool, etc.)

- verifying the EJB examples against Jboss, etc.

- verifying that the tutorial apps work.
Assigned to: thma

- add a known issues section to the release note.
Assigned to: thma

- Use fixed SerialVersion UIDs for serializable classes to avoid
serialization problems with futures builds.
Assigned to: thma

Any other things that are not yet covered?
Please check if you can help with any of these things and assign
yourself a task or two.

cu,
Thomas