db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Poeschl <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 07:33:36 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:

> I'd like to paint at least a fuzzy picture of what is expected in the
> near and middling future =) What is on the roadmap still for 1.0rc5
> (1.0) and 1.1?
>
> 1.0 *should* just be bug fixes at this point. In which case, what bugs
> are still outstanding?
>
> There are 33 new/open/reopened bugs in Scarab for OB, some of them
> pretty old. I also know that not everyone uses Scarab and I don't know
> the state of many of the bugs. Some look like have been fixed over a
> year ago!
>
> I would still like to try to get 1.0 out this month -- that means at a
> minimum pushing rc5 pretty soon.
>
> ---
>
> What are we looking to do for 1.1?
>
> I think "native" JDO support should be in it, what else?

* some restructuring would be nice ... e.g. move the reversedb stuff to
it's own src dir and jar
* use jakarta-commons packages (e.g. logging and configuration)
* i'm playing with oracle spatial at the moment ... not sure if there is
a way to support stuff like this .. but it would be nice ;-)

martin