db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: JUnit Tests fail
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:47:33 GMT
Hello Robert,

the junit tests suite is sub-optimal, I agree.

[..]

> Failed to execute: ECHO Not implemented
> java.sql.SQLException: Unexpected token: ECHO in statement [ECHO Not
> implemented]
> 0 of 1 SQL statements executed successfully

that is o.k.  I have not understood what this is good for,
but you can ignore that.

[..]

> [BOOT] INFO: No value for key 'CollectionProxyClass'

I noticed that message, too.

> Tests run: 167, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 14.16 sec

Sometimes tests fail at my side, too.  I even have
non-determinsitic test failures.  It is really annoying.
I had a look at it, but they are Heisenbugs: when you try
to localize them, they do not appear.

Which are the tests that fail?  (You may use ant target
junit-report to get an html-report if you like that.)

See also thread
"non-deterministic test failures, was: RE: junit test failures"

We need to

(1) get rid of the non-determinism and

(2) find a policy to deal with tests that fail because they
    exihibit known problems.

Olli