db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: OJB maintenance branch
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:39:49 GMT
Hello,

[..]

> > 5. The three new volunteers Lasse, rburt
> > (sorry, what's your name?) and Michael get committer
> > status and promise to commit only in the maintenance
> > branch.
>
> why only to this branch ?

The reason why I suggested this is that I thought
that there is a certain policy concerning
the procedure of receiving committer status
(see http://db.apache.org/roles.html)
and I proposed that formulation in order to weaken
it as little as possible, in particular since I am
a new committer myself.

If we agree that the new committers have all
rights, that is fine, too.

> do we really want to stay with scarab? i had some nasty problems
> recently (same defect-number for multiple defects)

I have had that problem, too.  I am not happy with
the current version of scarab, either, but I did
not want to re-open that discussion here. Maybe
we will be happy if apache just upgrades to the
newest version of scarab.

[..]

> how may maintenance-branches will exist in parallel ?

I think we can decide that later.

> > (1) Who is responsible to merge the bugfixes and
> > junit tests of the maintenance (1.0.x-)branch into
> > the (1.y-)branch? He who make the fix or some
> > designated manager?
>
> the one who makes the fix

This implies already that all committers also commit
in the trunc.

Olli