db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Design bug fixed - check in?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:33:54 GMT
Hi Brian,

I just read your blog about the ApacheCon
really interesting! Seems you talked to everyone ;-)

Brian McCallister wrote:

> On Friday, November 21, 2003, at 04:07 PM, Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>> I propose to accept the "design fix" and refactoring.
>> What do you think? Comments?
>

> Are we really sure we want to change the API at rc4? It might be better
> to do this post 1.0

I know it's not a good karma modify interfaces in any
rc candidate. But from my point of view it's a bug fix
to support JDBC 3.0 datatype BOOLEAN.

If we don't accept these changes, the first day after 1.0
release we will have two completely different branches.

For me these changes are a step forward to 1.0

regards,
Armin