db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject Query startAt endAt
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:01:14 GMT
hi all,

armin and i are currently working on supporting sql pageing (aka LIMIT).
  OJB provides it's own way of paging using startAt and endAt indices in
query. the problem i have now is the meaning of endAt.

ie: startAt = 2, endAt = 5 -> OJB retrieves _3_ object at 2, 3, 4

is this really the correct behaviour ? imo we should return _4_ objects
(2 through 5).

another issue is the way dbms implement the LIMIT parameters. most of
them use an _offset_ and a _number_ of rows to return. some of them only
the number of rows. should we change ojb to support offset/number or do
we stay with startAt/endAt ?

what do you think ?

jakob