db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: XDoclet Module (and other tools)
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:42:07 GMT
Hi all,

Brian McCallister wrote:
<snip intro>

> So, some options that I see:
>
> 1) Create a tools CVS module under OJB and give them their own build
> chain(s).

+1 for the OJB XDoclet module! I think the focus of that code is close
enough to the OJB code that we can host it.

I suggest to keept it under /src/tools/xdoclet or under
/src/java/org.apache.ojb/tools/xdoclet (the latter would require to
change package names for the existing code).

> 2) Create an ojb-tools project analogous to velocity-tools

-1  (I don't like to split evything into sub-sub-sub projects)

> 3) Host at java.net or SF and prominently advertise them on the OJB site

This can be an option for tools that have a scope that is not that close
to the OJB core or that have a different license model.

cu,
Thomas