db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: OJB maintenance branch
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:53:04 GMT
Hi Olli,

first I'd like to say thank for this detailed proposal. I agree fully
with it and I believe that implementing the maintenance branch is key
for the future maintenability and general success of OJB.

below are some remarks:

oliver.matz@ppi.de wrote:
<snip>

> 3. When we have the impression that the software in that
> maintenance branch becomes sufficiently stable, we release
> it as 1.0.0.  This may be done even though there are
> minor known bugs, and it should be done this year.

I'd be happy to see it this year! But we should be sure about the
quality first!

<snip>
> 5. The three new volunteers Lasse, rburt
> (sorry, what's your name?) and Michael get committer
> status and promise to commit only in the maintenance
> branch.

I agree with Brian that we should give them full committer status.

<snip>
> 8. rburt suggests that we have a dedicated website
> maintainer who is responsible for painting a clear
> picture of where the project is or what is
> outstanding as far as "issues" go.

good idea! (Currently I'm only updating the site with each public release)

cheers,
Thomas