db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject commons-dbcp deprecate abandoned connection feature / change connection-pool element
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:52:26 GMT
Hi all,

in latest commons-dbcp version tracing of abandoned
connections was declared deprecated. Seems future versions do not
include a similar feature.
See
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg19273.html

Thus I suggest to remove properties related to these feature
from the connection-pool element in repository.dtd.

Maybe it's better to make connection-pool more flexible
and we should allow to define custom attributes similar
to sequence-manager and object-cache element.

Currently

<connection-pool
             maxActive="1"
             maxIdle="2"
             maxWait="3"
             minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="4"
             numTestsPerEvictionRun="5"
             testOnBorrow="true"
             testOnReturn="true"
             testWhileIdle="true"
             timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="6"
             whenExhaustedAction="2"
             validationQuery="a query"
             logAbandoned="true"
             removeAbandoned="true"
             removeAbandonedTimeout="8"
         />

In future

<connection-pool>
   <attribute attribute-name="maxActive" attribute-value="1"/>
   <attribute attribute-name="maxIdle" attribute-value="2"/>
</connection-pool>

What do you think?

regards,
Armin