db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From David Corbin <dcor...@machturtle.com>
Subject Cleaning up (threads)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:24:28 GMT
It has come to my attention, that OJB is not cleaning up after itself
correctly.  One mistake is that PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl calls
brokerPool.clear() instead of brokerPool.close().  I'll be providing a patch
for it shortly.

The fundamental difference here, is that the evicition thread is not
terminated in the former and is in the latter.

There is, I think, a similar problem for the ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.
While the method releaseAllResources() correctly calls the close() method on
the connection pools, no one seems to ever call releaseAllResources().

The question is, should this be called from
PersistenceBrokerFactory#releaseAllInstances, or should it be called from the
application?  If the former, I'll supply that patch too.

David