db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <lean...@ibnetwork.com.br>
Subject [RFC] Strategies for implementing Association Classes (UML)
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:15:52 GMT
Hi all. I'm think about the best way to implement support for
association classes in OJB. Example (see AssociationClassDiagram2.jpg)

The only way I could map this on OJB today would be using decomposed m:n
associations, using a 3rd table on the ER level and storing the RoleList
information there.

I'd like to have a way to map this using non-decomposed m:n associations
using a 3 column table like this :

PERSON_ID PROJECT_ID ROLELIST_ID

For this to work I'd have to associate a specific MtoNImplementor to the
CollectionDescriptor for Person to Project. OJB users would have to
implement their specific MtoNImplementor to store/delete ROLELIST_ID
values from the 3rd table.

What do you think ?

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
IT - Inter Business Tecnologia e Servicos (IB)