db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From lasse.lambre...@allianz.de
Subject Antwort: RE: RC5 or 1.0 ?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:29:34 GMT

Hi,

as we plan to start a our (productive) project soon, I'd like to see
a 1.0 version, that makes the "political" arguing easier.
The release-notes.txt already has a rc5 section...

Lasse

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           matthias.roth@im|
|         |           part.ch         |
|         |                           |
|         |           07.10.03 11:10  |
|         |           Bitte antworten |
|         |           an "OJB         |
|         |           Developers List"|
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        An:      "OJB Developers List" <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
                                              |
  |        Kopie:
                                        |
  |        Thema:   RE: RC5 or 1.0 ?

Hi,
I think for a lot of projects it is importent to have now
a version 1.0. We start with a lot of productive projects.
The first of them will end this year.
We explaned to the costumer, that in this year will be a version of
OJB
1.0 so
we can use the OJB Framework. In other case, we will have some
political problems in the project if there is now version 1.0 still
end of this year.

I think allso the better solution will be to have a 1.0.x for
bug fixes.

Regards
Matthias Roth
>-- Original-Nachricht --
>From: Mahler Thomas <thomas.mahler@itellium.com>
>To: "OJB Developers List (E-Mail)" <ojb-dev@db.apache.org>
>Subject: RC5 or 1.0 ?
>Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:45:36 +0200
>

>Hi all,

there has been a user request when RC5 or a final release will be
ready.
I'm asking the same question to myself ;-)

My first question is should it be another RC5 or should we surprise
our
users with a 1.0?

I'd like to see a 1.0 relea
>e rather sooner than later. IMO a 1.0 is just
another tag to a CVS HEAD and not some magic ultimate bugfree version
of
our
code.

I think having a 1.0 version could reduce some pressure and
exaggerated
expectations about a "final" version.

I th
>nk that we did manage to reduce the number of severe bugs over the
last
month and that there won't be any benefits of yet another RC.
even if we have a RC5 and RC6 there will be a 1.0x version fixing
problems
of the 1.0 version.
What do you think?

The next question is about timing. when should we have the next
public
release?
I'm happy to assemble a new release whenever it seems appropriate.
So I'd like to hear your suggestions.

cheers,
Thomas