db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: SQL statement counts in junit tests, was: RE: Performance dec reas e of ODMG-api in CVS
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:03:24 GMT
Hello,

I have committed the p6spy CountLogger and an example
test SimpleCountTest that shows how to use it.
I will soon add an ant target to start the test.
As you can see, any test that whishes to count
statements should inherit from AbstractCountTest.
The test will fail with a suitable error message
if p6spy is not enabled, or if the number
of SQL statements is higher or lower than expected.
In the latter case, the developer should verify
that he or she has not made a mistake but a
performance improvement, and then adapt the
expected statement number.

The tests requires a specific testsuite-spy.properties,
which has to be set BEFORE the first test in the test-suite.
Currently, this is done in AbstractCountTest.setup().

Question 1:  should there be another
class similar to AllTests, say AllCountTests,
or shall all old tests also use that
testsuite-spy.properties?

Question 2: Should we adapt the junit task in such a way
that useP6Spy is always assumed for junit?

Olli