db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject SQL statement counts in junit tests, was: RE: Performance decreas e of ODMG-api in CVS
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:17:04 GMT
Hello,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Armin Waibel [mailto:armin@code-au-lait.de]

> Any comments, proposals, solutions?

as proposed earlier, I have written a sample test that
does some API calls, counts the generated SQL statements,
and complains in case the number is not as expected.

Such tests could prevent us from unintentionally
increasing that number.

Issues: the test requires either modifications to
the existing spy.properties or a separate
testsuite-spy.properties file. (We have to use
an special appender).

In the first case, non-aware users might try to
ship that file unintentionally and get failures.

In the second case, I would have to modify
AllTests.suite.

Is one of these acceptable?  Shall I commit?

If you like that idea, we could introduce
statement-count-assertions in more/all tests.

Olli