db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Baird" <Matthew.Ba...@motiva.com>
Subject RE: SQL statement counts in junit tests, was: RE: Performance decrease of ODMG-api in CVS
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:19:45 GMT
+1 great idea Oli.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: oliver.matz@ppi.de [mailto:oliver.matz@ppi.de]
	Sent: Mon 10/6/2003 6:17 AM
	To: ojb-dev@db.apache.org
	Subject: SQL statement counts in junit tests, was: RE: Performance decrease of ODMG-api in
CVS

	Hello,

	> -----Original Message-----
	> From: Armin Waibel [mailto:armin@code-au-lait.de]

	> Any comments, proposals, solutions?

	as proposed earlier, I have written a sample test that
	does some API calls, counts the generated SQL statements,
	and complains in case the number is not as expected.

	Such tests could prevent us from unintentionally
	increasing that number.

	Issues: the test requires either modifications to
	the existing spy.properties or a separate
	testsuite-spy.properties file. (We have to use
	an special appender).

	In the first case, non-aware users might try to
	ship that file unintentionally and get failures.

	In the second case, I would have to modify
	AllTests.suite.

	Is one of these acceptable?  Shall I commit?

	If you like that idea, we could introduce
	statement-count-assertions in more/all tests.

	Olli