db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Mahler <thm...@web.de>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Infrastructure change
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:24:44 GMT
Hi Per-Olof,

Per-Olof Noren wrote:
> Hello all,
> Given the problems using scarab that people (including myself)

I agree, scarab can be a real PITA.

> seems to
> be having, I would like to propose that OJB switches to using the apache
> standard bugzilla instead.

Mhh. When we launched OJB at Jakarta everybody told us:
"Do not use Bugzilla, it's dying and will be replaced by Scarab completely.
Use Scarab, it has a much better feature set and over time all apache
projects will move to scarab."

So I'm a bit sceptic about switching back to bugzilla.

> Bugzilla probably isn't the better product,
> but people knows how to operate it and is use to it.
> I think (based on lurking on coccon-dev) that the infrastructure guys
> would be more than happy to help us with this?

I'd like to see a clear statement by the infrastructure team like
"Bugzilla is the recoomended bug tracking solution at Apache. Scarab is
not recommended and won't be supported."

My point is that it's not fun to switch infrastructure each week. We got
very bad press for the infrastructure changes for the mail-list archives
some month ago.
I'd be more than happy to not repeat this expereience.

my 2 cent,
Thomas