db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject About package.jdo for OJB
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:31:32 GMT
Hi:

I am finishing a new generator for repository.xml and package.jdo for OJB
in Druid - http://druid.sf.net/ :-D

I have a question related to JDO:

In the tutorial sample, there are not defined any <collection> elements at
all. OJB support this type? I mean:

<class name="Department">
<collection element-type="Employee">
  <extension
    vendor-name="ojb"
    key="element-inverse"
    value="DEPARTAMENT_ID"/>
</collection>

This last element MUST be defined while using JDO with OJB or I can avoid
it definition?

If this is posible, where I can found more info about how OJB uses the key
and value attributes in the JDO files. Because from the specification I
read:

<snip page="127">
ELEMENT extension
This element specifies JDO vendor extensions..... The "key" and "value"
attributes are optional, and have vendor-specific meanings. They may be
ignored by any JDO implementation.
</snip>

Please help :)

Best Regards,