db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Clute, Andrew" <Andrew.Cl...@osn.state.oh.us>
Subject Why no plugable IndirectionHandler?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:07:19 GMT
In my quest to implement proxies and realize the ramification of using them
with EJB's, I have investigated what the IndirectionHandler does. I see that
it is really a back-reference to read through the same OJB configuration and
instantiate the object when necessary. Pretty slick.

However, that doesn't work well when the client class has no idea about the
existence of OJB.

It looks to me like IndirectionHandler is a one of many specific
implementations that could be used as the InvocationHandler for proxies.
Another possible IndirectionHandler could be to call an EJB that will
retrieve  that object.

Is there a specific reason why the IndirectionHandler is not a configurable
property in the OJB.properties file?

If not, and it is just an over sight, I would suggest a refactoring (which I
would be happy to perform) to allow for pluggable IndirectionHandlers to
facilitate easier proxy handling for disparate n-tier applications.

-Andrew