db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Clute, Andrew" <Andrew.Cl...@osn.state.oh.us>
Subject RE: OJB usability - part 1 of 5: versioning policy
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:10:03 GMT
My email was misunderstood -- I wasn't trying to call him to the mat -- he
had some very good points about specific instances of code that could be
modified for easier use. I guess I had assumed in order for him to have
gotten that far in his analysis of the problems, he would have written
modified code to have gotten to that conclusion. I was curious to look at
his specific-recommendations for those problems.

At the same time, I do agree that "Fix it yourself" is not always the best
mantra, simply because you want to take into account design considerations
for the entire project.

Criticism is always good -- it is even better when a solution is presented
at the same time.

-----Original Message-----
From: tmcurry@midamerica.net [mailto:tmcurry@midamerica.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 12:05 PM
To: OJB Developers List
Subject: RE: OJB usability - part 1 of 5: versioning policy

WHAT?!?!?  With all due respect, you've totally missed the point of his
emails!!

I applaud someone for finally putting a foot down here and pointing out that
this product is no where near being a release candidate.

Release candidates get BUG fixes, not new components and/or functionality.

-TMike

> A general comment based on all five parts of your email:
>
> When can we see patches from you to fix these changes?
>
> -Andrew

<snip>