db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Infrastructure change
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:50:53 GMT
Hi, Thomas

Thanx for your answer. That's exactly what I wanted, indeed. :)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:40:02 +0200
Thomas Mahler <thma32@web.de> wrote:

>  From one day to another the mail-archives were shut down without prior
> information.
> It took me days to get in contact to the guy in charge.
> his reply was something like: I know your archives are down for a few
> days. They will be down for even more days, as I'm very busy.

Oh, no. Tooooooo bad.

> Of course a lot of users were complaining about being pointed to a
> defunct archive from our web site.
> There were comments like "if you are not even able to run a stable web
> site, why should we have trust that you can develop a stable software?"

Really agreed. Improvements would be required, I also think.

> After more then six *months* (not days, not weeks) the archives suddenly
> came back to life. We never were informed about their reactivation.

This was tightly related to my nagging to infrastructure@ ... :-)
a few months ago, AAMOF.
# Also, Noel J. B. have done a lot of things. He is a guy of JAMES.

> This story made feel bad indeed...

Okeydokey. Thanks.

From my point of view, infra team *once* had been in shortage
of man-power. Don't worry.
"We are changing and our actions are making the world good"

... :-)

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)