db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Nitz ...@ukr.net>
Subject Re: Performance decrease of ODMG-api in CVS
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:46:28 GMT
Hi Armin,

It is possible that my batch retrieval changes made this effect.
In general in tests with HSQL the batch retrieval changes should decrease
performance because their idea is to perform less database queries at the
cost of more in-memory operations, while with HSQL all database queries are
done in memory, so we obtain just more operations and no gain at all.
However 30% performance decrease is probably too much. Currently I am testing
the next portion of changes for proxy prefetching, I will also perform
performance tests with different databases, then I'll report my results.

Regards,
 Oleg