db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Anthony <charles.anth...@hpdsoftware.com>
Subject CVS Build problems.
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:47:59 GMT

I've just done a clean CVS update.

If I do a bin\build.bat, I have two problems.

1) I need to stick with JDK13; the preprocessor flags in SQLTypeHelper are
incorrect. I'm afraid I don't understand *how* the pre-processor is supposed
to work - I'm guessing that if -JDBC30, it should comment out everything
between a //#ifdef JDB30 and //#endif. It doesn't seem to be doing this.
I've just manually commented out those sections, and it compiles. Thomas (or
someone), could you explain how the CodeSwitcher works, and how it should be
used.

2) target check-jdo-classes is not the depends of "main", and yet
org.apache.ojb.jdo depends upon the JDO classes, and is part of the main
source code. So, instead of getting a nice "go and get JDO.jar" message, I
get a load of compile fails.

Attached is the fixed build file.

Cheers,

Charles.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems.
necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

 At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  All liability
is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re-
sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.