db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: superflous, long queries in CVS HEAD (Batch retrieval)
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:07:12 GMT
Hello Oleg,

sorry to re-open this, but I have had a closer look.

I do the following:

myPB.getObjectByIdentity(aId);

for an XA-identity.  Remember that XA has a collection of XB
(1-n relation), and XB has a reference of type XC.
The A-instance identified by aId has one XB-instance,
which has a null-reference (i.e., a null foreign key) to XC.

SELECT CLASS_NAME,PARENT_FK,CHILD_FK,ID FROM X_TABLE WHERE ID = '221'
SELECT A0.CLASS_NAME,A0.PARENT_FK,A0.CHILD_FK,A0.ID FROM X_TABLE A0
        WHERE ( A0.PARENT_FK =  '221' )
        AND  (A0.CLASS_NAME =  'org.apache.ojb.broker.XB' )
SELECT ID FROM XC_TABLE WHERE ID = ''

The last statement is certainly not as bad as a full table scan,
but superflous, too.  It did not appear is rc4.

Thank you for your help,

Olli