db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: Identity.realClass set to abstract class?!
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:37:40 GMT
Hello again,

I just stumbled over another snippet in ProxyHelper.getRealClass
lines 283 ff:

  /*
   arminw:
   think we should return the real class
  */
  // return handler.getIdentity().getObjectsTopLevelClass();
  return handler.getIdentity().getObjectsRealClass();

depending on what we choose as the meaning of objectsRealClass,
this method might return null, which leads to a NullPointerException:

        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.DescriptorRepository.getDescriptorFor(Descrip
torRepository.java:314)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.assertFkAssignment(Persiste
nceBrokerImpl.java:729)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.assignReferenceFKs(Persiste
nceBrokerImpl.java:2170)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb(PersistenceBroker
Impl.java:2005)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl
.java:1944)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(PersistenceBrokerImpl
.java:1906)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersi
stenceBroker.java:171)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store(DelegatingPersi
stenceBroker.java:171)

Olli