db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject RE: Identity.realClass set to abstract class?!
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:03:33 GMT
Hello Jakob,

I feel a bit uncomfortable with it, because it
might mean a dramatic loss of performance in some cases,
as I mentioned in my response to Armin (this thread):

> Assume, for example, that there is one single top-level
> class that all other persistence-capable classes
> extend.  Then, with [this] change, resolving a reference will
> result in a search through all tables.

Don't you agree?

For the future, I would like to propose junit tests
that verify that the number of generated SQL statements
has not increased.  We have such tests in our project,
using p6spy with a test-specific logger to count
SQL statements.

Olli